Arts & cultural | Festivals
JFoW – Lucy Easthope: When the Dust Settles
Lucy Easthope lives with disaster every day. When a plane crashes, a bomb explodes, a city floods or a pandemic begins, she's the one they call.
- Seasonal opening
- Booking needed
Price: £9.21 - £11.37
Lucy is a world-leading authority on recovering from disaster. She has been at the centre of the most seismic events of the last few decades, advising on everything from the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami to the 7/7 bombings, the Christchurch earthquake in New Zealand, the Grenfell fire and the Covid-19 pandemic.
In every catastrophe, Lucy is there to pick up the pieces and prepare for the next one. She holds governments to account, helps communities rally together, returns personal possessions to families, and holds the hands of the survivors. Proudly sponsored by Soroptimits.
We are open:
- Family friendly
- Wheelchair access
- Access guide
- Accessible parking or drop-off point
- Accessible toilets
- Hearing loop
- Level access from entrance to reception
- Level access to all public areas
- Level access to dining room, cafe or restaurant
- Level access to leisure facilities
- Level access to main entrance
- Ramp to main entrance
- Suitable for visitors with limited mobility
- Wheelchair access throughout
- Wheelchairs or mobility aids provided
Festival Marquee, Howard Davis Park
6 Saint Clement's Road
You might also like
This five-day literary event held on 21-25 September, promotes a love of the written and spoken word across our community in a variety of styles and settings, as well as welcoming internationally-renowned authors to our beautiful island.
Sep 21 2022 ‐ Sep 25 2022