In Jersey, we have so many stories to tell. As the nights draw in, snuggle up and lose yourself in myth and legend, travel to our little island and head out in search of a scary thrill! Discover hedge veg stalls packed full of pumpkins, spooky castle escapades, and frightfully tantalising menus, full of the tastiest autumnal produce. So, if you fancy a good time this Halloween, grab your broomstick, cauldron, and witches’ hat, we promise you a hair-raising time you won’t forget!
The spookiest spots in the island break.
1. Pick a pumpkin – Well it wouldn’t be Halloween without a pumpkin! One of Jersey’s top spots for picking up a pumpkin is Manor Farm in St. Ouen’s. They’ve got crates full of this spookiest of fruits. So you can pick the perfect one to carve out your own jack-o’-lantern.
2. Go on a Halloween castle tour – It gets scary after dark! Head to Mont Orgueil Castle this October under the shadow of night, for candlelit spooky tours of the magnificent castle, the perfect setting for a frightfully good time.
4. A spooky stroll to Devil’s Hole – A dramatic name for an impressive sight! Devil’s Hole is a natural crater in the cliff and plunges 200ft down to the sea below. Its name is said to come from the shipwreck of a French boat. Its figurehead was found in the hole and was made into a wooden devil – a replica of which can be found on the winding path down to the hole, creating an eerie vibe.
5. Trick or treat and all things sweet – If heading out is not for you this Halloween… then why not pop into Jersey’s markets and prepare for a spooktacular night in? Perhaps pick up a scarily sweet treat from one of the bakery stalls, or some fresh autumn veg to whip up an autumnal cauldron of comforting food.
6. Snuggle up with a spooky story – Enjoy the thrills of myth and legend wherever you are with this collection of spooky tales from Jersey Heritage. Just remember that these stories aren’t real… or are they?!
More things to discover on your Jersey Halloween holiday.
Get snappy this Halloween.
Tag your photos with #theislandbreak to share your pictures with us.